We are looking for someone with a mechanical background to provide troubleshooting assistance to Field Service Technicians either over the phone or on site with specific problems those technicians may have encountered. We are looking for an individual who may have had prior experience replacing car engines, or servicing and repairing Cogens, or servicing and repairing HVAC systems, or servicing and repairing generators. This individual will have to be able to take their knowledge and expertise and be able to convene that information over the phone into a solution for a Field Service issue. They will also have to be able to document that assistance/solution into a library of solutions for future troubleshooting needs
Our Cogeneration Unit or System provides both heat and electricity using natural gas. We take a brand new eight cylinder car engine, retrofit it for natural gas and connect it to a commercial building’s hot water heating system. We then take a generator, attach it to the engine, and then connect it to that same building’s electrical system. So as a customer is heating their building, they are getting free electricity. We then connect the unit via the internet to our headquarters in Holyoke and we can monitor the unit from there, we can turn the unit on or off from Holyoke, and if there is a problem, we can dispatch a Service Technician to work on the unit. This Specialist would also get to work with some very high-tech equipment.
While this position is based in our Company headquarters in Holyoke, there would be day travel about 25% of the time. We provide the vehicle and pay all expenses related to fuel, tolls, and parking. Most of the travel would be to the New York City area, but also to customer sites near Boston, throughout Connecticut, and down into New Jersey, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. Sounds interesting doesn’t it. How would you like to work on this type of equipment?
Job Description: Service Support Specialist
Location: Mainly Holyoke, MA, but also Connecticut, NYC, NJ and surrounding areas
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: High School
Experience: At least 2 to 3 year(s)
Travel: Up to 100 miles daily, home nightly – rare overnight travel
Post Date: 02/02/2021
Dalkia Aegis (formally Aegis Energy Services), a Division of EDF (a worldwide leader in the energy industry), is a turn-key, full service provider of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) that generate heat and electricity using clean and efficient natural gas fueled engines. These modular CHP systems reduce a facility's dependence on expensive utility power, reduce their energy costs and reduce the carbon footprint.
- Two to three years of troubleshooting and repairing any of the following types of equipment:
- Automotive engine repair/replacement or
- Cogen service and repair or
- Servicing and repairing HVAC systems or
- Servicing and repairing generators
- Experience with solid-state and electro-mechanical control panels would be helpful
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and move up to 75 lbs.
- Maintain technical expertise and share knowledge with service group
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of expense reports, etc.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories as directed
- Possess a good driving record and pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
- Position requires good computer & email skills
Please communicate your interests in this position by providing a resume or letter of qualifications to the Human Resources Department, Dalkia Aegis, 59 Jackson St, Holyoke, MA (413) 537-7313 attn. John Geoffrion.