Due to continued strong growth in the clean energy industry, Dalkia Aegis, a subsidiary of the French Group EDF, a worldwide player in the Energy industry, has an immediate opening for an I.T. Coordinator for their I.T. Department to work out of their Holyoke, Massachusetts facility. This new role within Dalkia Aegis will allow the successful candidate to implement new initiatives and as a part of the Group EDF, this position offers the opportunity to get in contact with a wider I.T. community within EDF.
For more than 30 years, Dalkia Aegis, formally Aegis Energy Services has been providing Combined Heat and Power systems (CHP) that generate usable heat and electricity using clean, efficient natural gas powered engines. These modular CHP systems (also known as Cogeneration Systems) will reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs, and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. Dalkia Aegis focuses mainly on medium to large commercial facilities such as High Rise Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Retirement Homes, Schools, and Industrial Manufacturing.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Receives & creates incoming internal and external IT requests
- Create & plan customer visits for the IT department
- Review firmware releases, End of Life timelines, and routine updates
- Collaborate with third party IT companies to facilitate common goals
- Create job quotes and invoices as required
- Communicate procedure changes and policy changes to all users.
- Communicate system updates to the company
- Design, plan, and help execute training on the use of systems and networks.
- Oversee, track and measure system and network performance
- Work with other IT professionals to ensure upholding IT standards
- Follow up on the equipment needs for new employees, document that equipment was distributed and assigned appropriately.
- Recommend and initiate process improvements
- Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
- Reports to Manager of Information Technology
- M-F, 1st Shift
- Hourly wage + overtime pay after 40 hrs
- Occasional early start times, up to 10% daily travel
- Zero to two years of experience
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work experience in an I.T. environment is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills both over the phone and electronically
- Experience working with Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Outstanding communication, computer and coordination skills
- Desktop support (Windows) & Mobile device support (Android & iOS) experience helpful
- A strong attention to detail with competent vocabulary
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of IT systems, databases and applications
- Previous experience in help desk support will be an advantage
- Skilled in problem solving
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and daily deadlines
- Valid driver license and clean driving record
- Ability to pass a drug test