A leader in the clean energy industry, Dalkia Aegis, former Aegis Energy Services, a subsidiary of the French Group EDF, a worldwide player in the Energy industry, has an opening for an experienced Human Resources Manager to work at the Dalkia Aegis headquarters in Holyoke, MA.
For more than 35 years, Dalkia Aegis has been providing Combined Heat and Power systems (CHP) that generate usable heat and electricity using clean, efficient natural gas powered engines. These modular CHP systems (also known as Cogeneration Systems) will reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs, and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. Dalkia Aegis focuses mainly on medium to large commercial facilities such as High Rise Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Retirement Homes, Schools, and Industrial Manufacturing. Facilities that have implemented the Dalkia Aegis CHP systems frequently experience a 3-5 year payback.
The Human Resource Manager will apply in-depth knowledge and ability to independently manage projects/responsibilities to support the Dalkia Aegis Human Resource function for this eighty plus employee and growing company. At least five years of Human Resource experience and proven ability to independently manage multiple responsibilities within HR is required.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all employees; assists in development and implementation of company policies and procedures, maintains the employee handbook and the other policies and procedures manuals. Files monthly reports to the parent company.
- Prepares payroll on a weekly and biweekly basis using ADP Workforce Now or other payroll processing systems.
- Oversees and administers all employee benefits including health insurance and the 401k Plan.
- Responsible for investigating all work related injuries and files all Workers Compensation claims. Also maintains the OSHA log and provides support to the Safety Committee.
- Assists with the management of the automobile and liability insurance plans including the reporting and filing of claims.
- Maintains and files all EEO-1 records and reports.
- Handles recruiting for all exempt and nonexempt positions.
- Responds to and investigates employee relation issues such as employee complaints and, harassment allegations.
- Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Management is preferred and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
- A Master’ degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience processing payroll (preferably with ADP Payroll in particular) is required.
- In addition, the following is also needed:
- The ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of employee payroll and benefit administration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Send resume with salary expectations to the attention of John Geoffrion in the Human Resources Department (413-536-1156): firstname.lastname@example.org