Aegis Energy, EDF Group, has an opening for a degreed and experienced Field Service Engineer.
- Point contact for ensuring newly commissioned machines are ready for service
- Subject Matter Expert for CHP systems, which include generators, power conversion systems, IC engines, building mechanical systems, industrial machinery, electrical switchgear, and control systems
- Addresses and provides root cause/corrective action for systemic issues on equipment currently in service
- Provide formal training for field technicians as needed, in the operation of products and procedures.
- Collaborate with Product Development engineering to develop solutions to systemic service issues, when applicable, to new products
- Create field service manuals and memos for proper operation and servicing of units
- Direct activities root cause analysis activities and implement corrective action plans
- Maintains hardware and software configuration control.
- Salaried, exempt, first shift position, Monday – Friday
- Hands-on position, requiring customer site visits as necessary
- Travel up to 20%, daily to customer sites in the northeast. Rare overnight travel.
- Insurance benefits, 401k plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred) from an accredited university
- Senior Level Engineer and experience working with power systems or control systems
- Ability to interpret, create, and maintain electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Formal Root Cause/Corrective Action training, demonstration, and implementation
- Must be a self-starter & problem-solver who is willing to take on the role of subject matter expert for the company in this field
- Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills for all audiences
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related field
- Preferred: Experience working with and around high voltage equipment
- Preferred: Experience in rebuilding automobile engines
Please send a resume or letter of qualifications to John Geoffrion, Human Resources Department, 55 Jackson Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 or email to email@example.com