Aegis Energy, EDF Group, has an opening for a degreed and experienced Field Service Engineer. This first shift, full-time position will work out of the company headquarters in Holyoke, MA and will be responsible for maintaining the performance and efficient operation of our fleet of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems currently in service.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Point contact for ensuring newly commissioned machines are ready for service
- Subject Matter Expert for CHP systems, which include generators, power conversion systems, IC engines, building mechanical systems, industrial machinery, electrical switchgear, and control systems
- Addresses and provides root cause/corrective action for systemic issues on equipment currently in service
- Provide formal training for field technicians as needed, in the operation of products and procedures.
- Collaborate with Product Development engineering to develop solutions to systemic service issues, when applicable, to new products
- Create field service manuals and memos for proper operation and servicing of units
- Direct activities root cause analysis activities and implement corrective action plans
- Maintains hardware and software configuration control.
For over 30 years, Aegis Energy Services has been a turn-key, full-service provider of CHP systems, which generate heat and electricity using clean, efficient natural gas-powered engines. Throughout the northeast, Aegis has installed over 500 modular CHP systems to reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. Each CHP unit includes a natural gas-fueled engine, generator, microprocessor control panel, and heat recovery equipment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred) from an accredited university
- Senior Level Engineer and experience working with power systems or control systems
- Ability to interpret, create, and maintain electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Formal Root Cause/Corrective Action training, demonstration, and implementation
- Must be a self-starter & problem-solver who is willing to take on the role of subject matter expert for the company in this field.
- Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills for all audiences
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience working with and around high voltage equipment
- Experience in rebuilding automobile engines
- Salaried, exempt, first shift position, Monday – Friday
- Hands-on position, requiring customer site visits as necessary
- Travel up to 20%, daily to customer sites in the northeast. Rare overnight travel.
- Insurance benefits, 401k plan
Send resume with salary expectations to the attention of John Geoffrion in the Human Resources Department, 413.536.1156: firstname.lastname@example.org