Due to continued strong growth in the clean energy industry, Aegis Energy Services, a subsidiary of the French Group EDF, a worldwide player in the Energy industry, has an immediate opening for a Desktop & Mobile Support Technician to work out of their Holyoke, Massachusetts facility. This new role within Aegis Energy Services will allow the successful candidate to implement new initiatives and as a part of the Group EDF, this position offers the opportunity to get in contact with a wider Information Technology community within EDF.
For almost 40 years, Aegis Energy Services has been providing Combined Heat and Power systems (CHP) that generate usable heat and electricity using clean, efficient natural gas powered engines. These modular CHP systems (also known as Cogeneration Systems) will reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs, and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. Aegis Energy Services focuses mainly on medium to large commercial facilities such as High Rise Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Retirement Homes, Schools, and Industrial Manufacturing.
- Meeting the company’s needs for computer hardware, software and networking
- Help solving employee computer and software problems
- Designing, installing, and supporting systems tied to IT operations and infrastructure
- Research, development, and execution of IT Projects
- Creating proper documentation that supports employees’ adoption of existing and new technologies
- Configuring and troubleshooting both Android and Apple Mobile devices
- Utilizing a ticketing system for internal troubleshooting and documentation.
- Utilizing MDM and RMM solutions to expedite troubleshooting and provide proactive fixes.
3+ years Desktop Support experience including:
- Previous Office 365 and Windows experience
- Experience in G Suite now known as Google Workspace
- Knowing security protocols, IT systems, networking infrastructures and database systems
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Remote Monitoring Solutions
- Experience with Mobile Device Management Solutions
- Experience working with teams to craft IT solutions
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Great customer service experience both over the phone and electronically
- Experience conducting training sessions
- Additional qualifications include:
- 2 year Associate’s Degree is required, a B.S. or B.A. Degree is preferred,
- Outstanding communication, computer and coordination skills
- Experience working in a service, maintenance, or logistics department
- Skilled in problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and daily deadlines
- Valid driver license and clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test
- Reports to Manager of Information Technology
- M-F, 1st Shift
- Hourly wage + overtime pay after 40 hrs
- Occasional early start times, up to 20% daily travel, and <10% overnight travel
Apply to Aegis Energy Services, attention John Geoffrion in the Human Resources Department, 59 Jackson Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 413-537-7313.