Due to continued strong growth in the clean energy industry, Aegis Energy, EDF Group, a worldwide player in the energy industry, has an immediate opening for an experienced Commercial New Business Development Sales Representative. The chosen candidate will primarily work out of our Holyoke, Massachusetts office, with occasional travel, as needed, to prospective customers to develop relationships and close technical sales with values over $250k and ROI of 3–6 years. The primary focus for this position will be the development of new business and the implementation of new sales initiatives; as a part of Group EDF, this position offers the opportunity to get in contact with a wide sales community.
For more than 30 years, Aegis has been providing Combined Heat and Power systems (CHP) that generate usable heat and electricity using clean, efficient, natural gas-powered engines. These modular CHP systems (also known as Cogeneration Systems) will reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs, and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint by up to 55%. Aegis focuses mainly on medium-to-large commercial facilities such as High-Rise Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Nursing Homes, Schools, and Industrial Manufacturing Plants. Experience calling on these industries will be given preference.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Marketing, or Engineering)
- MUST have 3+ years of commercial sales experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in one of our target markets: Apartment/Property Management, Hotels, Nursing Homes, Schools, or Industrial Manufacturing.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing and available to travel 30–60%, mostly in the Northeast region. Company travel vehicle provided.
- Experience selling custom-engineered solutions or building mechanicals is preferred.
- Must possess strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to cultivate and nurture complex, high-value sales.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and strong business acumen including the ability to develop winning proposal strategies, assess market trends, capture market share, close orders and deliver profitable projects to operations.
- Position is base salary plus commission.
- Position is based out of Holyoke, MA office. This is not a remote office position.
- Must be highly proficient with a PC, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience dealing with New York City building owners would be a major plus.
The Commercial New Business Development Sales Representative will act both individually and in cooperation with other Aegis team members to ensure objectives are met. They will identify and develop prospective new customers and solutions to grow the business within their assigned territory. They will also need to keep current on the trends and significant issues in the marketplace.
Send resume with salary expectations to the attention of John Geoffrion in the Human Resources Department, 413.536.1156: firstname.lastname@example.org