Aegis Energy Services has an immediate opening for an experienced commercial New Business Development Specialist working out of our Holyoke, Massachusetts but traveling to prospective customers to develop and close a technical, multi-hundred thousand to multi-million dollar sale. The primary focus for this position will be the development of new customers and to maintain existing customer relationships.
For more than 30 years, Aegis Energy Services has been providing Combined Heat and Power systems (CHP) that generate usable heat and electricity using clean, efficient natural gas powered engines. These modular CHP systems (also known as Cogeneration Systems) will reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce energy costs, and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint by up to 55%. Aegis Energy Services focuses mainly on medium to large commercial facilities such as High Rise Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Nursing, Schools, and Industrial Manufacturing.
Incentive funds typically cover 20-60% of the total installation cost and facilities that implement Aegis Energy Services CHP systems typically experience a 3-7 year payback!
Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Marketing, or Engineering)
- MUST have 3+ years of commercial sales experience. Preference will be given if your experience is with one of our target markets: Apartment/Property Management, Hotels, Nursing, Schools, or Industrial Manufacturing.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing and available to travel 30-60%, mostly Northeast region. Company travel vehicle provided.
- Experience in selling custom engineered solutions or building mechanicals is preferred.
- Must possess strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to cultivate and nurture complex long term, high value sales.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and strong business acumen including ability to develop winning proposal strategies, assess market trends, capture market share, close orders and deliver profitable projects to operations.
- Position is base salary plus commission.
- Position based out of Holyoke, MA office. This is not a remote office position.
- Must be highly proficient with a PC, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience dealing with New York City building owners would be a major plus.
The Business Development Specialist will act both individually and in cooperation with other Aegis team members to ensure objectives are met. They will identify and develop prospective new customers and solutions to grow the business within their assigned territory. They will also need to keep current on the trends and significant issues in the marketplace.
Send resume with salary expectations to the attention of John Geoffrion in the Human Resources Department, 413-536-1156: email@example.com