We are looking for talented individuals who live in and around the metropolitan cities of New York City, Newark, and Boston to be Field Service Technicians for the surrounding areas. The right candidate must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision. Daily travel will be required to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair natural gas-fired engines, electrical and electronic controls, and domestic hot water systems for cogeneration units and maintaining records of such service. This Service Technician will be interacting with service management and site customers on a regular basis.
There will be some overnight travel in the first few weeks to the Company Headquarters in Holyoke, MA (outside Springfield, MA) for initial training on the CHP Units and Systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing automotive engines
- Any additional experience with generators, HVAC, or electro-mechanical control panels is a plus.
- Able to lift up to 75lbs and move up to 100lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Daily travel to service sites required, occasional overnight travel (<10%)
- Must be willing to start work early in the morning.
- Possess excellent driving record and pass initial and random drug testing
- Basic computer & email skills
- Experience in safely rigging and moving heavy machinery is preferred