Take your knowledge of cars and car engines and put that knowledge and expertise to a slightly different use. Imagine taking a car engine, retrofitting it for natural gas and connecting it to a commercial building’s hot water heating system. Now take that same engine, attach a generator to it and you can now provide free electricity while you are heating the building. Now connect it to the internet and you can monitor the unit from anywhere.
How would you like to work on this type of equipment?
Well, we provide our commercial customers with these type units and we are looking for a Service Technician working out of Holyoke to perform field service work from the Boston area down through to New York City and Washington D.C.. This would be a day travel job and we would provide a van, the fuel, and the tools.
Aegis Energy, EDF Group, LLC is a turn-key, full service provider of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) that generate heat and electricity using clean and efficient natural gas fueled engines. These modular CHP systems reduce a facility’s dependence on expensive utility power, reduce their energy costs and reduce the carbon footprint.
We are looking for a talented individual to be a Field Service Technician working in the general Western Mass, Boston, and New York City areas as well as occasional travel to work sites in Connecticut, New Jersey, the Philadelphia area, and possibly Washington D.C. will also be required. The right candidate must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision. Daily travel will be required to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair natural gas-fired engines, electrical and electronic controls, and domestic hot water systems for cogeneration units and maintaining records of such service. This Service Technician will be interacting with service management and site customers on a regular basis.
- Two to three years of troubleshooting and repair experience with automotive engines
- Any additional experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- solid-state and electro-mechanical control panels
- heat-transfer loops, and domestic hot water systems
- Daily travel to service sites required (on-call as needed)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and move up to 100 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain technical expertise and share knowledge with service group
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories as directed
- Possess excellent driving record and pass initial and random drug testing
- Basic computer & email skills
Please communicate your interests in this position by providing a resume or letter of qualifications to the attention of John Geoffrion, Human Resources Department,
55 Jackson Street, Holyoke, MA 01040