Aegis Energy, EDF Group, has an opening for a degreed Applications Engineer.
Due to continued strong growth in the clean energy industry, Aegis Energy, EDF Group, a worldwide player in the energy industry, has an immediate opening for a degreed Applications Engineer. The chosen candidate will work out of our Holyoke, Massachusetts office with frequent travel to the New York City area and other Northeast region sites. The Applications Engineer will design systems, assist in the installation process and provide technical support to our field technicians and sales team.
- Design, build, test and oversee installation of new cogeneration systems into existing facilities
- Design work flow and procedures
- Coordinate projects
- Select vendors
- Troubleshoot problems both at the plant and onsite
- Work closely with electrical engineer(s) and learn electrical engineering concepts and principles
- Travel frequently to the New York City area and other Northeast region sites, with some overnight travel required
- Work closely with sales team to develop relationships with prospective customers and deal with the technical side of sales with values over $250k and ROI of 3–6 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum one year of engineering experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Computer skills involving AutoCAD design software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Firsthand knowledge of thermo dynamics and heat transfer are a definite plus
Please send a resume or letter of qualifications to John Geoffrion, Human Resources Department, 55 Jackson Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org